Welcome to another week. Did anyone watch the Grammys? Adele won the gold, Nikki Minaj performed an exorcism, and all the hype for Coldplay and Rihanna was just rubbish. But Deadmau5 was highly entertaining outside of the show.
Here’s some entertainment news you can use. We gather the latest or notable local entertainment headlines in both Seattle (Around the Sound) and Raleigh (In the Triangle), as well as the other surrounding cities. Enjoy!
From around the sound…
- Caveman has one of the best albums of 2012, CoCo Beware. They will be touring this year with stops in Chapel Hill and Seattle as well as SXSW. Download their single “Old Friend” here. Coco Beware is available now.
-Playing at the Varsity in Seattle are Oscar Nominated Short Films 2012. Be sure to catch views of the International nominees in both animated and live-action.
-The Godfathers of Grunge, Malfunkshun, have released their single “Rains of May.” The single is part of their new collection, Malfunkshun: Millennium.
- February 9th flew by, but playing on the 15th at Pacific Place is I Am Bruce Lee. A documentary about Bruce Lees rise to fame focusing on his Seattle connections and other cities on the West Coast as well. Q&A will follow the screening.
- Buenos Aires director and artist, Mariano Pensotti brings his play El pasado es un animal grotesco, to Seattle’s On the Boards. This is the hit show everyone is talking about.
- Seattle PI has provided these quirky Seattle stories in this memorable gallery.
- The band And And And are profiled by Oregon Music News.
(Video by QTRORNG)
In the Triangle…
- The Avett Brothers, Annuals, and The Love Language will be headlining a benefit for Oliver Gant, who has been fighting a form of pediatric cancer.
- The wonderful Bland Simpson of the Red Clay Ramblers chats with the Daily Tar Heel.
- Lady Antebellum stops by both Raleigh and Charlotte this June.
- Who else wants to go to Carolina Rebellion this May? It includes a sweet lineup of Alt favorites P.O.D, Korn, Chevelle, Evanescence, and more. I remember the good old Korn days…
- Daily Tar Heel compiles a sweet and sour list of Be my Valentine’s songs. I agree with this mash up of songs!
- Finally, I am digging this new music video for the song “Red”, by Raleigh’s Lost In The Trees. The video is streaming on NPR.