Hey all! Sorry for the long delay. After a busy January, we have a variety of albums, movie updates, and entertainment news to share. Stay tuned! In the meantime, sip your coffee and enjoy the latest entertainment headlines in both Seattle and Raleigh, as well as the other surrounding cities and or beyond!
- Toronto art rock quartet The Darcys release AJA, a fully mastered interpretation of Steely Dan’s 1977 studio masterpiece. Be sure to visit their website and download a free copy now! They will be touring with Bombay Bicycle Club this year.
- If you haven’t heard, Sasquatch has announced the full line up Memorial Day Weekend 2012 at The Gorge. Beck, Pickwick, Zola Jesus, The Helio Sequence, NERO, Childish Gambino, Portlandia, Imelda May will all be there to celebrate the four-day weekend! Who are you looking forward to see? I am anxious to see John Reilly (aka John C. Reilly) and Friends.
- And speaking of Beck, if you haven’t already, get acquainted with Seattle’s talented female guitarist who has been rocking out with Beck himself and also with the Shins, Deep Sea Diver!
- Although Sonic Youth is a fond memory of the past, Thurston Moore will be performing at the Duke this Tuesday.
- Actor Tom Skerritt of Alien and Top Gun fame, made his debut as the titular character of Don Quixote in the Pacific Northwest Ballets elegant production.
- The Daily Tar Heel profiles and chats with the whimsical old-time string band, the Carolina Chocolate Drops.
- The movie Chronicle opened this weekend in theaters, and the Space Needle takes center stage. However, the movie was filmed entirely in South Africa and Vancouver, B.C. according to The Seattle Times. Meanwhile The Seattle PI provides an interesting look at movies about Seattle, but not shot in Seattle.
- The Atlanta female rock group, The Coathangers will be headlining a month-long tour in March. Making appearances at SXSW and Seattle’s The Comet Tavern with White Mystery. Be sure to also download the spunky track “Smoother.”
- Post-Punk and Indie rocker KOJI, from Pennsylvania literally performs in a pool for the Punk Rock Hotel Sessions. Rock out and enjoy his single “Shift!” Learn more about the Punk Rock Hotel Sessions here.
- With the upcoming release of her third album, Soul Is Heavy, Nneka returns in fine form with her single “My Home.” Feel free to download her new track. She stops by Seattle March 7th at The Crocodile.
- And finally, Gemma Ray, the UK songstress will be releasing Gemma Ray sings Sparks with Sparks. If you are going to be in Chapel Hill on March 5th, catch this gem at Local 506 before her appearance at SXSW! Enjoy her latest video “How Do I Get To Carnegie Hall?”
(Video by Bronze Rat Records)